Friday, July 16, 2010

It's for the children

It so warmed my heart tonight when I went to bring CKC flyers to a small group of children socializing at the parish hall. A handful of them were at last year's Camp, and were bubbling over with excitement at my coming!

"I've missed you so much!" cried little Miss K (even though we actually ran into each other last night at a different Church). After being greeted with eager hugs, I gave a few CDs of last year's CKC music to a mom who'd asked for replacements. When they put one on, two little girls instantly began dancing and singing along with gusto...

I, I can do all things, all things, all things
I, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Meanwhile, an eager, affectionate 10-year-old reached for a registration form as if it were a treat, exclaiming "This makes me want to go to Church even more!". From across the table, the other 10-year-old asked me for all the remaining forms I had with me, "so I can invite all my cousins". And she sat down promptly to start writing herself a list of invitees.

I walked out marveling at the opportunity to grace these children's lives in such a way that a year later, their enthusiasim is still so strong. Such joyous moments remind me why I love doing this, and why it's totally worth all the time, effort, and late nights. :) It's for the children — His children!

No comments:

Post a Comment